lördag 9 maj 2009

The Things We Don't Mention.......In the UN


Good Morning!

Last summer I went to the head quaters of the UN in NYC. I wanted to take a guided tour and learn more, I did not learn anything new, but I asked my guide a question which made me think about something. And that is the things we don't mention in the UN.

1) Taiwan - A sovereign state or not?
2) China - Tibet - An occupied state?
3) The Israel and Palestine conflict. This is a problem that is being discussed, BUT you really have to watch your tounge. Say the wrong thing and you get clowns attacking you.

Can you think of more issues?

I think there is a problem if there are a few things you cannot mention in the UN. I thought this was one of the points with the whole organization?, to prevent armed conflicts. Maybe the way to prevent armed conflicts is to ignore and tiptoe around them, to make sure you don't anger the wrong nation.

Don't get me wrong, I do think there are a lot of good things with the UN. A lot.


Me in the Security Council

Inga kommentarer: